403bypasser automates the techniques used to circumvent access control restrictions on target pages. 403bypasser will continue to be improved and it is open to contributions.
Clone the repository to your machine.
git clone https://github.com/yunemse48/403bypasser.git
Install required modules by running the code
pip install -r requirements.txt
Argument Description Examples Note
- -u single URL to scan http://example.com or http://example.com/ All these example usages are interpreted in the same way
- -U path to list of URLs. ./urllist.txt, ../../urllist.txt, etc. Just provide the path where the file is located 🙂
- -d single directory to scan admin or /admin or admin/ or /admin/ All these example usages are interpreted in the same way
- -D path to list of directories ./dirlist.txt, ../../dirlist.txt, etc. Just provide the path where the file is located 🙂
Usage 1: python3 403bypasser.py -u https://example.com -d /secret Usage 2: python3 403bypasser.py -u https://example.com -D dirlist.txt Usage 3: python3 403bypasser.py -U urllist.txt -d /secret Usage 4: python3 403bypasser.py -U urllist.txt -D dirlist.txt
IMPORTANT NOTE: All the followings are interpreted the same. Therefore, which pattern you use is just a matter of preference.
python3 403bypasser.py -u https://example.com -d secret python3 403bypasser.py -u https://example.com -d /secret python3 403bypasser.py -u https://example.com -d /secret/ python3 403bypasser.py -u https://example.com -d secret/ python3 403bypasser.py -u https://example.com/ -d secret ALL THE SAME!
Since Python is a cross-platform language, one can run this program on different operating systems.
The output of the program is saved (in the current directory) in a file with the name of the domain name given as input.
python3 403bypasser.py -u https://example.com -d /secret is given. Then the output is saved to example.txt in the current directory.
Changes in v2.0: Considerable changes have been done in this version. The project is completely moved to Python 3 from Bash. New and wide variety of techniques have been added.
Changes in v1.1: It’s now possible to pass files (lists) to 403bypasser as input via arguments. Furthermore, two more test cases added: poisoning with 1)X-Original-URL and 2)X-Rewrite-URL headers.
- Add Rate-Limit / Threads Option
- Add an Option for Scan Types (fast, normal, aggressive or only path manipulation / header manipulation)
- Export cURL Command for Each Request
- Add Parameters to Save Output According to HTTP Status Codes
- Add Parameters to Save Output According to Page Size Anomalies
Which Cases Does This Tool Check?
- Request Method Manipulation
Convert GET request to POST request
- Path Manipulation
- Overriding the Target URL via Non-Standard Headers
- Other Headers & Values