MANDIANT THREAT INTELLIGENCE Virtual Machine (VM) Version 2020.1.
ThreatPursuit Virtual Machine (VM) is a fully customizable, open-sourced Windows-based distribution focused on threat intelligence analysis and hunting designed for intel and malware analysts as well as threat hunters to get up and running quickly.
- Conduct hunting activities or missions
- Create adversarial playbooks using evidence-based knowledge
- Develop and apply a range of analytical products amongst datasets
- Perform analytical pivoting across forensic artifacts and elements
- Emulate advanced offensive security tradecraft
- Enable situational awareness through intelligence sharing and reporting
- Applied data science techniques and visualize clusters of symbolic data
- Leverage open intelligence sources to provide unique insights for defense and offense.
Similar to FLARE-VM and Commando VM, it’s recommended to install ThreatPursuit VM in a virtual machine. The following is an overview of the minimal and recommended installation requirements.
- Google Chrome Browser
- Oracle Java SE 11 or Greater
- Windows 10 1903
- 120+ GB Hard Drive
- 8+ GB RAM
- 1 network adapters
- 1024mb Graphics Card Memory
- Enable Virtualization support for VM (Required for Docker)
- Create and configure a new Windows Virtual Machine
- Ensure VM is updated completely. You may have to check for updates, reboot, and check again until no more remain
- Take a snapshot of your machine!
- Download and copy install.ps1 on your newly configured machine.
- Open PowerShell as an Administrator
- Unblock the install file by running Unblock-File .\install.ps1
- Enable script execution by running Set-ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -f
- Finally, execute the installer script as follows: .\install.ps1 You can also pass your password as an argument: .\install.ps1 -password The script will set up the Boxstarter environment and proceed to download and install the ThreatPursuit VM environment. You will be prompted for the administrator password in order to automate host restarts during installation. If you do not have a password set, hitting enter when prompted will also work.
Development, Analytics and Machine Learning
- Apache Spark
- Apache Zeppelin
- Jupyter Notebook
- MITRE Caret
- Python (x64)
Triage, Modelling and Hunting
- MITRE ATT&CK Navigator
- Greynoise API and GNQL
- Threatcrowd API
- Threat Hunters Playbook
- MITRE TRAM
- Azure Zentinel
- AMITT Framework
- MITRE Calderra
- Red Canary ATOMIC Red Team
- MITRE Caltack Plugin
Utilities and Links
- Docker Desktop