National Cyber Security Centre NCSC collaboration with Troy Hunt website Have I Been Pwned data and release top 100,000 Passwords that finds the most common password combination.
Password, we always think to keep a password for online accounts as simple to learn. Cyber attacker can use Brute force technique to grab these password.
There are 3.5 billion social media users and
- 123456 breached for 23.2 million accounts globally.
- 123456789 has been breached 7.7 million times.
- password has breached 3.6 million
- 11111111 also breached for 3.1 million users.
- qwerty is using by 3.8 million
List of the most common other password types are name of a pet, child, family member, or significant other
Anniversary dates and birthdays, birthplace.
Cyber attacker will try to use “forgot your password?” link on other websites you use, like online shopping or banking sites and would try to guess your password related your personal life, like Your name, office , phone number.
“Using hard-to-guess passwords is a strong first step and we recommend combining three random but memorable words. Be creative and use words memorable to you, so people can’t guess your password,” says Dr Ian Levy, NCSC Technical Director.
“Cyber security is a serious issue, but there are some simple actions everyone can take to better protect against hackers. We shouldn’t make their lives easy so choosing a strong and separate password for your email account is a great practical step,” says Margot James, DMCS’ Digital and Creative Industries Minister.
Older people have lack of Cyber Awareness and the reason to leak their passwords easily. Most of the people use the same passwords on multiple online accounts.
In the NCSC study, 70 percent of users believe that they have been victim of cyber crime over the next two years.
10 Top most used passwords as follow
How To Choose Secure Password?
1. Use a special character in password.
2. Do not use the same password on other accounts.
3. Do not choose password your birthdate and related your personal life.
4. Use 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) to more protect your account.
5. Keep changing your password time by time.