Are your Website running on WordPress? Update Now!
WordPress Fixes 17 security Bugs, including 7 are critical and released a new WordPress 5.4.1 Version.
The vulnerabilities include Cross Site Scripting and an authenticated XSS issue in the block editor was discovered in WordPress 5.4 RC1 and RC2. It has fixed in 5.4 RC5.
WordPress said in its blog, 5.4.1 is a short-cycle security and maintenance release. The next major release will be version 5.5. All versions since WordPress 3.7 have also been updated.
Six security issues affect WordPress versions 5.4 and earlier; version 5.4.1 fixes them, so you’ll want to upgrade. If you haven’t yet updated to 5.4, there are also updated versions of 5.3 and earlier that fix the security issues.
Following vulnerabilities have been fixed in WordPress 5.4.1
- An issue in Password reset tokens were not correctly invalidated.
- Private posts could be viewed without authentication.
- Two cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities in the customizer.
- XSS issue in the search block.
- XSS issue in the WordPress wp-object-cache.
- XSS issue with file uploads.
- An authenticated XSS issue in the block editor in WordPress 5.4 Release Candidates RC1 and RC2 (fixed in 5.4 RC5).
WordPress 5.4.1 also fixes some regressions introduced in version 5.4:
- Accessibility: Fix the headings hierarchy on the Freedoms page
- Customize: Give the WordPress logo a white background for dark mode browsers
- Mail: Make the check for empty post title in wp-mail.php more resilient
- Media: Remove display: none; from the (visually hidden) <input type=”file”> button used in Plupload to select files for uploading. Fixes selecting files in Edge <= 44 and iOS Safari
- Privacy: Make the deprecated wp_get_user_request_data() function available on front end
- REST API: Fix revisions controller get_item permission check
- REST API: Fix _fields filtering of registered rest fields
- Site Health: Instantiation prevents use of some hooks by plugins
- Taxonomy: Un-deprecate category_link and tag_link filters
- Block Editor updates
To download WordPress 5.4.1, update automatically from the Dashboard > Updates menu in your site’s admin area or visit https://wordpress.org/download/release-archive/.
You can download WordPress 5.4.1 by downloading from WordPress.org, or visit your Dashboard → Updates and click Update Now.