DuckDuckGo announces Email protection service to all users.
Using Email Protection, you will receive a free “@duck.com” email address and be protected from email trackers before they arrival at your inbox.
You can use personal inbox address like example [email protected]
An example of a DuckDuckGo address is [email protected]. It should be even more difficult for companies to track your online activity if you use a new private address each time you fill out an online form. If you receive a large amount of spam, you can also deactivate each private address individually.
DuckDuckGo New Updates
- Removed the waitlist for DuckDuckGo Email Protection, making the beta open for everyone to try. Get your @duck.com email address today!
- DuckDuckGo Email Protection is a free email forwarding service that removes multiple types of hidden email trackers and lets you create unlimited unique private email addresses on the fly – without switching email providers or apps.
- Added new features like Link Tracking Protection that helps prevent tracking in email links, Smarter Encryption that helps with unencrypted email links, and the ability to reply directly from your Duck Addresses.
Signing up for Email Protection gives you the ability to create Duck Addresses. There are two types that help protect your email privacy:
- Personal Duck Address (example: [email protected]): Any emails sent here will be stripped of email trackers on our block list and then forwarded to whatever personal email address you provide, arriving at your regular inbox. Within forwarded emails, we’ll tell you how many trackers we’ve removed, what company appears to be behind them, and other helpful information.
- Unique Private Duck Addresses (example: [email protected]): When you are browsing different websites, DuckDuckGo automatically detects email fields so you have the option to generate a unique Private Duck Address for additional protection against email address profiling. Just like your Personal Duck Address, Private Duck Addresses also forward privacy-enhanced emails to your personal inbox. Using a new Private Duck Address every time you’re asked to submit an email address makes it much harder for companies to track you. They can also be individually deactivated at any time, for example if you start receiving spam to one of them.
How To Get Duck Email ID?
Email Protection is available in the DuckDuckGo Privacy Browser for iOS and Android, DuckDuckGo for Mac (beta), and DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials browser extensions for Firefox, Chrome, Edge, and Brave.
- Mobile: On latest version of the DuckDuckGo app, open Settings > Email Protection to get started.
- Desktop: Using the latest versions of the DuckDuckGo extension or DuckDuckGo for Mac (beta), navigate to https://duckduckgo.com/email.