Google announces Cybersecurity Professional FREE Certificate Training Program.
This is your path to a career in cybersecurity. In this certificate program, you’ll learn in-demand skills that can have you job-ready in less than 6 months. No degree or experience required.
This fully online program provides the skills you need for an entry-level job in cybersecurity, even if you don’t have prior experience. You’ll use industry standard tools like Python, Linux, SQL, Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) tools, and Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS).
The Role of Cybersecurity Professional
The role is to protect individuals and organisations from cyber threats by implementing security measures and protocols. They are responsible for identifying security vulnerabilities in systems and networks and developing strategies to prevent attacks. To be succeed in this career field, you must have a strong understanding of latest technology to implement cyber security tasks.
What you will learn
- Programming for cybersecurity tasks
- Frameworks and controls that inform security operations
- Using security information and event management (SIEM) tools for cybersecurity
- Detecting and responding to incidents using an intrusion detection system
- Performing packet capture and analysis
- Understand the importance of cybersecurity practices and their impact for organizations.
- Identify common risks, threats, and vulnerabilities, as well as techniques to mitigate them.
- Protect networks, devices, people, and data from unauthorized access and cyberattacks using Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) tools.
What Skills you will gain?
- Python Programming
- Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) tools
- Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS)
Prepare Career in Cybersecurity Professional
- Prepare for a career in cybersecurity
- Receive professional-level training from Google
- Demonstrate your proficiency in portfolio-ready projects
- Earn an employer-recognized certificate from Google
- Qualify for in-demand job titles: cybersecurity analyst, security analyst, security operations center (SOC) analyst
About the course
- Cybersecurity Professional Certificate – 8 course series
- Earn a career credential that demonstrates your expertise
- Beginner level
- No previous experience necessary
- 6 months at 7 hours a week
- Flexible schedule
- Learn at your own place
- Hands-on activities
- Quizzes and assignments
- Regular assessments
- Foundations of Cybersecurity
- Play It Safe: Manage Security Risks
- Connect and Protect: Networks and Network Security
- Tools of the Trade: Linux and SQL
- Assets, Threats, and Vulnerabilities
- Sound the Alarm: Detection and Response
- Automate Cybersecurity Tasks with Python
- Put It to Work: Prepare for Cybersecurity Jobs
Cybersecurity Jobs opportunity
- $100,000+ median U.S. salary for cybersecurity
- 213,000+ U.S. job openings in cybersecurity
- 75% of certificate graduates report positive career outcome
Get exclusive access to career resources upon completion
> Resume review
Improve your resume and LinkedIn with personalized feedback
> Interview prep
Practice your skills with interactive tools and mock interviews
> Career support
Plan your career move with Coursera’s job search guide
So, what are you waiting for Google Cybersecurity Professional FREE Certificate – Enroll NOW